Hosted by Dr. Elisa Shipon-Blum, creator of S-CAT®, this webinar offers a comprehensive definition of Selective Mutism, a social communication anxiety disorder. She’ll provide you with:
- Diagnostic criteria, etiology, and presenting symptoms
- Reasons why/how SM manifests
- Sensory challenges that commonly occur
- Explanation of the importance of early diagnosis
- Why SM is often misdiagnosed or mismanaged
- A glimpse into S-CAT®, our world-renowned, holistic treatment approach which we’ve used to successfully treat more than 5,000 children!
- ASHA credits for SLPs
Whether you’re a parent, educator, or a treating professional, you’ll reap countless benefits from this webinar!